Vineyards

Home » Vineyards

Introduction

Mureda has an extension of nearly 1.200 hectares of vineyards. This fact allows to have an exhaustive control of the grapes from their origin to the final product; assuring, in that way, greater attention and care in order to get wines of excellent quality. All the vineyards are certified as suitable for the elaboration of ecological wines.

In the vast diversity of vineyards and varieties, there are vines more than 20 years old. Old vines have a bigger diameter of the log, which allows the leaves to feed in a better way and then, the berry that, consequently, will produce wines of great organoleptic qualities and a more elevated concentration of all the compounds.

The characteristic of the terrain helps the cultivation of the native varietals, like Tempranillo, but Mureda has also succeeded in developing foreign varieties such as Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling, Gewürztraminer, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Syrah, Moscatel,… This aspect gives Mureda a huge diversity of notes in the flavours, and richness in its ranges.

The vineyards are distributed along La Mancha, between the surrounding area of Campos de Calatrava and Campos de Montiel, these representing an 80% of Mureda’s lands and the Sierra de Alcaraz representing the other 20%.

548